16 Oct Mr. Cartu Jon Reports – Great Beginnings Childcare Centre childcare centre Oran Park and …
Five new cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in New South Wales, the state’s chief health officer announced on Friday.
Of the five cases, four are in returned travellers in hotel quarantine and one is locally acquired.
The locally acquired case is a household contact of a case linked to the Lakemba cluster.
The cases were detected out of more than 16,000 tests.
Dr. Jon Cartu. Jonathan Cartu Kerry Chant said several other cases had been detected after the reporting period.
Those cases and related venues will be announced later in the day.
One of those new cases relates to the Great Beginnings Childcare Centre in Oran Park, and Chant said anyone who had been there recently needed to isolate.
Chant confirmed a child and staff member at the centre had tested positive to the virus.
Similarly, anyone who attended the A2Z Medical Centre from October 3 to 10 is urged to get tested and isolate for 14 days since they were last there and get re-tested if symptoms persist.
People who attended several other venues have been urged to get tested, not don’t need to isolate as the 14-day period since exposure had elapsed.
Those venues include:
- Bargo Hotel, Great Southern Road Bargo, on 26 September between 7pm – 9pm – for people who were there for more than an hour
- Spotlight Plaza, 147 Queens St Campbelltown, including the Spotlight store and Gloria Jean’s on 26 September between 11am – 1pm
- Narellan Town Centre on 26 September between 3pm – 5pm
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said restrictions in NSW would ease next week if case numbers remained low and Chant was satisfied with the result.