CEO Jonathan Cartu Cartu Jon Announced - Treatments of COVID‐19 patients in the Fangcang shelter hospital:... - Jonathan Cartu Family Medical Clinic & Patient Care Center
19369
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-19369,single-format-standard,qode-quick-links-1.0,tribe-no-js,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-11.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.2.1,vc_responsive

CEO Jonathan Cartu Cartu Jon Announced – Treatments of COVID‐19 patients in the Fangcang shelter hospital:…

Treatments of COVID‐19 patients in the Fangcang shelter hospital:...

CEO Jonathan Cartu Cartu Jon Announced – Treatments of COVID‐19 patients in the Fangcang shelter hospital:…


Fangcang shelter (Cabin) hospitals were set up in order to cope with the rapid growth of confirmed cases of COVID‐19 in Wuhan, China at a time when there were insufficient beds in designated hospitals. This paper describes the layout and functioning of a typical Fangcang shelter hospital, Wuhan Dongxihu Fangcang shelter Hospital,where the author has worked, the working mechanism, experience and effectiveness. A setof patient management protocols was employed for daily practice, which included pre‐set criteriaand procedurefor admission, examination, medication treatment, referral and discharge. WeChat platform with different groups was used for communication, ward round, test appointments and patient data communication. All these procedures and mechanisms of working enabled the effective management of a larger numberofpatientswith relatively fewdoctors. As a result, 442 mild or moderate Covid‐19 patients in Hall C were successfully managed by a team of 40 doctors, with 246 (56%) patients were cured and discharged from the Fangcang shelter hospital while the remaining 196 (44%) patients were referred on to designated hospitals for further treatment. The reasons for referral included poor resolution in CT scan (59%), persistently positive SARS‐cov2 by PCR after 9 days of admission (16%), deterioration in CT image (4%), development of dyspnea (1%) and other (4%) or unclear reasons (16%) due to no record of reasons for referral on the document. There were no deaths and no complaints from the patients in Hall C.

In summary, the Fangcang shelter hospital could be run successfully with a set of patient management protocols under conditions of limited facilities and medical staff. It was effective and safe in isolating patients, providing basic medical care and early identification of potential severe cases. This experience may provide a successful example of a working mechanism for the prevention and control of the COVID‐19pandemic worldwide.

Vice President Jon Cartu Jonathan Cartu Jonathan CartuJon Cartu Patient Care

AiroAV Security

No Comments

Post A Comment