14 Apr Doctor Jonathan Cartu Wrote – Fifth confirmed local Coronavirus case confirmed
A 39-year-old male was confirmed today as the fifth case of the Coronavirus in Pecos County. He was tested at Mallik Medical Clinic. Neither the test date nor contact source have not been announced.
As of noon yesterday the City of Fort Stockton reports that 53 tests have been submitted with five postive results (four for Pecos County and one for El Paso County), 15 pending results, and 33 negative results.
Here are the five Pecos County cases:
• Case #1: 54-year-old woman was tested at Mallik Medical Clinic on March 27. Her test results came back from a private laboratory on April 4. Exposure source not determined. Home quaratine could have ended April 12, but, according to Pecos County Judge Joe Shuster, the woman has an appointment with her doctor on Tuesday, April 14 to determine the status of the quarantine. Quaratine could be affected by Case #2.
• Case #2: 50-year-old male was tested at Mallik Medical Clinic. According to Shuster, the man is listed as a “close member to Case #1.” Shuster said he could not provide additional information on the relationship. He is home quarantined.
• Case #3: A male listed in the 65-70 age group. He reportedly came in contact with Case #2. He is home quarantined. He was tested at Mallik Medical Clinic.
• Case #4: 49-year-old male was tested at Mallik Medical Clinic. Shuster did not have the test date. He said the contact is not yet known.
• Case #5: 39-year-old male tested at Mallik Medical Clinic. Source contact not released Self-quarantined.
A 31-year-old man identified April 10 as a confirmed case in Pecos County was changed to be listed as an El Paso County case, although he is home quarantined in Pecos County. He was tested at Pecos County Memorial Hospital on April 1.